If you've ever thought carrots are a boring vegetable, you've clearly never tried them roasted. Roasting carrots brings out their natural sweetness and accentuates their earthy flavor. Garden carrots always have a better flavor than store bought but paying a little extra for the organic carrots makes a world of difference in the flavor. Adding a honey ginger glaze turns these ordinary vegetables into a sweet and savory treat. Roasting at a low temperature allows the carrots to become tender on the inside and slightly crisp and glazed on the outside. I like to roast vegetables on parchment paper because it keeps them from sticking to the pan.
While peeling carrots doesn't necessarily affect their nutritional value, I like to leave the skins on when I roast them. I was gifted a Norwex fruit and vegetable scrubbing cloth years ago and it's so easy to use. I'll never go back to a traditional vegetable scrubber.
These roasted carrots elevate any meal but I especially enjoy them alongside my African Spiced Hand Pies.
Honey Ginger Roasted Carrots Recipe
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, finely chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Remove tops from carrots and scrub. No need to peel.
- Whisk together olive oil, honey, ginger, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Put carrots on parchment paper-lined sheet pan. Drizzle glaze over carrots and toss to coat.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes or until carrots are tender and glaze is browned. Stir multiple times during cooking so honey doesn't burn and carrots are well-coated.