Looking for the perfect dressing that goes great on any salad? You've come to the right place! This honey mustard dressing is so simple to make and is great to have on hand. It has the perfect balance of sweetness and acidity that really adds something special to a crisp green salad.
Why This Recipe Works:
This salad dressing has the perfect balance of acidity and sweetness that makes a delightful addition to any salad. If you're a big mustard fan, you probably already have the ingredients to make it. The best part is how simple it is to make! All of the ingredients (except salt and pepper) are in equal parts so you can make as little or as much as you want without having to work too hard to figure out the ingredient quantities.
- Mustards: You can make this dressing with a combination of mustards but it works best with one smooth mustard (like spicy brown) and one grainier mustard (like stone ground). The combination of textures is what gives this dressing its unique consistency.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar gives this salad dressing a mildly acidic flavor. You can substitute other kinds of vinegar like white wine vinegar or white vinegar as well.
Step by Step Instructions:
How To Make Honey Mustard Dressing:
This dressing is so simple to make, you probably won't even need the recipe after you make it once! Since all of the ingredients are in equal proportions, it's easy to remember. Of course, you can adjust the ingredients to your tastes as well.
Pro Tip: This dressing can set up a bit in the fridge due to the honey and oil. Take it out of the fridge half an hour before serving to make it pourable.
Why make your own salad dressing?
You could say homemade salad dressing is "healthier" than store-bought but that's a pretty broad statement. However, making your own salad dressing allows you to customize flavors to your tastes and you can make as little or as much as you want!
Only need a few servings? Cool! Make a smaller batch. Feeding a crowd? Double or triple the recipe! Like your dressings a little more acidic? Great! Add some more vinegar. Whatever your reasoning for going homemade, this salad dressing might just be your new go-to!
Honey mustard is a dipping sauce that is usually just a mixture of honey and mustard. Honey mustard dressing incorporates other ingredients like vinegar and oil.
Olive oil in homemade salad dressing solidifies in the fridge which can make your salad dressing thick. If you leave the dressing out at room temperature for a few minutes before you serve it, it will become more fluid.
The main ingredients in salad dressing are vinegar and oil. There are a lot of vinegar and oil combinations you can try and you can add other ingredients like honey and mustard in this recipe.
Other Recipes to Try:
If you make this recipe, please leave a star rating at the bottom of the page! This provides helpful feedback to me and fellow readers. And if you want more delicious, wild game recipes you can subscribe to my newsletter and follow along on Instagram and Pinterest!
Easy Honey Mustard Dressing
- glass pint jar with lid
- ¼ cup stone ground mustard
- ¼ cup spicy brown mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add all ingredients to a glass jar.
- Place lid on jar and close tightly.
- Shake jar until all ingredients are well dispersed.
- Refrigerate until ready to use. Enjoy!
- Since the ingredients are all in equal measurements (except the salt and pepper), you can easily make a smaller or larger batch.
- Dressing will last for up to one month in the fridge.
*appreciates should be "appreciate that," sorry about the typo
This is so good! Enjoying on my salad as I type this. I especially appreciates the recipe is written by a registered dietician and uses much less oil. I love all mustards, too, so it couldn't be more perfect. Thank you!
Annie Weisz says
Thank you so much, Eric! I'm so glad you enjoyed the salad dressing. It's my go-to and I keep a jar of it on hand at all times! The combination of mustards is my favorite part. Enjoy!